Honey and lemon are a legendary combo for natural beauty. Every lady must have heard about it once in her life. With a bowl of pure honey and lemon, ladies can strengthen their skin, improve their digestion and soothe their sore throats, etc. In this article, we dedicate special recipes and tips that work for women’s biology. So check out our 7 tricks to boost your natural beauty with honey and lemon.
- 1 7 Ways To Boost Your Beauty With Honey And Lemon
- 2 You Should Try These Beauty Tips!
7 Ways To Boost Your Beauty With Honey And Lemon
1. Brighten skin/ Reduce hyperpigmentation
Honey is a natural antioxidant that softens skin and gives it more life. Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C and it is acidic. So it can brighten skin markedly and exfoliate the dead skin that lies on the top surface. Lime works the same as lemon but it is more acidic.
Therefore, if you mix honey and lemon together, you will have a natural skin care product that brightens, smooths, exfoliates and rejuvenates. But the key is to mix and use the ingredients moderately.
How to brighten skin with honey and lemon/lime:
- Step1: Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice only. Using too much lemon will rasp the skin and irritate it. So you should be patient with this remedy. We can’t rush art!
- Step 2: Add 100ml of water if you want it to be a face wash. Don’t add any water if you want a face mask.
- Step 3: Rub the mixture on your face and neck for 5-7 minutes so that the ingredients can work into the skin slowly.
- Step 4: Wash your face thoroughly with clear water. Don’t leave any honey or lemon left because it can attract bugs.
Warning: Avoid going outside under the sun right after using this remedy. If you must, put on sunscreen to protect your skin. Lemon brightens skin at night but if you go out under the sun immediately, it will darken your skin. This recipe works like a charm if you follow these tips.
2. Cure sore throat
If you are coughing constantly, a cup of warm honey lemon water will cure your irritation. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1: Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice.
- Step 2: Add 150ml-250ml of warm water and mix it all up.
- Step 3: This is optional but you can cut 2-3 slices of ginger in. It will keep your throat and stomach warm. After drinking the concoction, keep the ginger slices at the back of your mouth.
It is crucial to use warm to hot water. Room-temperature water doesn’t mix well and the remedy is less effective.
Heat is the conductor of this remedy. But you shouldn’t drink extra hot water either because it will dry your mouth. In the long run, drinking hot water can lead to stomach cancer.
3. Hydrate and soften lips
You can make a lip mask and lip scrub with honey and lemon, or lime. If you have extra dry lips, we recommend that you make a lip scrub. If you have slightly dry lips, a natural lip mask will be more suitable.
How to make a lip scrub:
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice. The mixture should be thick and moist but not watery.
- Step 2: Store it in a small jar and place it in the fridge to cool it.
- Step 3: Rub your lips gently with the mixture. Use the sugar grains as an exfoliator and remove dead skin with it. Honey will help soften the dead skin so it is easier to get rid of. And the purpose of lemon juice is to brighten dark lips and make them pinker.
How to make a lip mask:
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice. You shouldn’t add anything else.
- Step 2: Rub the mixture all over your libs and leave it for 3 minutes or more if you want.
- Step 3: Rinse your lips lightly. Now you have healthy, plump and pink lips.
4. Support digestion
Lemon and honey can accelerate the digesting progress. Both contain hydrogen peroxide, a component that can resolute harmful germs or viruses in the intestine. Honey and lemon help our stomachs dissolve indigestible foods. So your body will feel lighter.
How to prepare a concoction for your digestive system:
- Step 1: If you don’t have stomach diseases, prepare juice from half a lemon/lime. If you have stomach diseases, cut 1 to 2 thin slices of lemon. You don’t need more than that.
- Step 2: Put the slices in a cup and add 3-4 spoons of honey.
- Step 3: Add warm water and mix it up.
- Step 4: Drink when you have food in your stomach. Avoid drinking this when you are hungry because it will be harmful to your stomach.
5. Lose weight
Losing weight with honey and lemon is a slow process, but it is natural and doesn’t contain suspicious chemicals. Honey boosts digestion while lemon reduces your appetite so you feel less hungry, thus you consume less.
However, we only recommend this method to ladies with a healthy digestive system and a stable stomach. If you suffer from reflux or any stomachic condition, you shouldn’t try this method.
How to prepare the drink:
- Step 1: Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons or limes. Separate the seeds if you want.
- Step 2: Mix the juice with 2L of clear water and 3 tablespoons of honey. You can adjust the amount of honey according to your taste. If you want the drink to have more taste, you can put 4.
- Step 3: Cut 3-4 slices of lemon/lime and add it to the mixture.
- Step 4: Each time that you drink, pour the mixture in a cup and add a bit of hot water so the drink is slightly warm. This is more recommendable. But if you don’t feel like preparing hot water, you can skip this step.
Losing weight has always been a difficult task for many people. Not because of what they consume, it’s because of their metabolism. We have to accept that some lose weight easier than others. And we have to find a method that works for us instead of insisting.
Therefore, if you have special stomachic conditions, you shouldn’t try this remedy.
6. Eliminate smelly breath
This is a weird fun fact but honey and lemon can give you nice breath. Lemon is the main component. You need to prepare 1 lemon/lime only
How to eliminate smelly breath with lemon and honey:
- Step 1: Mix 1 spoon of honey with 2 spoons of lemon juice.
- Step 2: Add a bit of water, just enough to use as a mouthwash. The ratio that we suggest is for 1-time use only. You can add more if you want to prepare in advance for next times.
- Step 3: Rinse your mouth with this concoction then rinse again with clear water. It is important to rinse it away well or it won’t work. After about 4 days to a week, you can see the result.
7. Fade acne scars
Lemon is a natural brightener. If you use it on your whole face, it lifts the hyperpigmentation. But if you only have some acne scars left, it is not necessary to wash the whole face.
So how do you prepare this brightener?
- Step 1: Mix honey and lemon juice in 1:1 ratio.
- Step 2: Dip a Q-tip in the mixture and rub it on your acne scars thoroughly. You should do this few hours before going to sleep.
- Step 3: Leave it on and before you get into your bed, rinse it off until your face feels clean. Make sure that you wash your hands in advance.
- Step 4: Put on sunscreen when you go outside the day after.
It is crucial to use sunscreen when you use any skin care product with a high level of vitamin C. Vitamin C can lighten dark spots. But you can only use it at night. Under the sunlight, the V rays darken the vitamin C and as result, your acne scars will become more visible.
Make sure to follow our steps and you won’t have any trouble with this remedy.
You Should Try These Beauty Tips!
Natural is always the best. There is no reason to not try our recipes with honey and lemon. This combo has been an all-time favorite for many generations. Even queen Cleopatra herself trusted this method to keep her looking young and healthy.
So why don’t you try them out? The ingredients and the preparations are so simple. Please share this article with your friends and family if you find it helpful!